We at Novatel commit ourselves to providing the best services, so we strive to maintain the trust you are voting on. Personal data protection is very important to us.
We have prepared this Privacy Notice so that you can learn in a simple and understandable way who we are, what personal data we collect from you, why we collect them and what we do with them.
- Who are we?
Novatel was established in the end 2004 as part of Deutsche Telekom Group. As a member of one of the largest European telecommunication companies, Novatel offers a competitive alternative in the field of telecommunications on the Bulgarian communication market. We are a leading national carrier offering our customers a wide range of top excellence telecommunication services.
Novatel operates extensive, fully-owned, leading-technology regional fiber optics network with 39 PoPs across Bulgaria. As a part of Deutsche Telekom group we stick to the highest industry standards in operations, maintenance and customer service.
- What personal information do we collect and where do we get it?
Depending on whether you are a customer, a vendor, a business partner, etc., and how you interact with us – personally, over the Internet, telephone, etc., we can process different data for you:
– when you buy or use our products and services;
– provide us with your goods and services;
– Contact our customer service departments;
– when you participate in our business events, promotions or surveys;
– interact with us in other ways.
The categories of personal data we collect and process can be:
– Physical identity – name, PIN / PNH, identity card / passport, address, place of birth, contact telephones, one or more specific features, etc.
– Contact information – email address, phone number, address for correspondence;
– Others – Reviews, opinions, ratings, comments, uploaded files, interests, etc. information.
- How do we use your personal information?
We may use your data for a variety of legitimate reasons and for different business purposes:
- Conclusion or performance of contracts – services, sales, invoicing, shipping of services, registration in mobile applications or websites, warranty period, service announcements, etc.
- Get help (at your request) – Provide help via communication channels, such as from a support center or customer contacts.
- Direct marketing – email marketing, market research, personalizing your experience by presenting products and offers for you (such as on our sites, apps, or other means of communication).
- Security and protection of our interests / assets – Implementation and maintenance of technical and organizational security measures, conducting internal audits and investigations, assessing conflicts of interest.
- Compliance with legal obligations – Disclosure of data to state institutions or supervisors, as applicable in all countries where we work, such as tax deductions and social security deductions, accounting and accountability obligations, performing audits to verify compliance, compliance with inspection requirements by government bodies, and other requests by public authorities or other public authorities, compliance with statutory procedures such as subpoenas, compliance with legal rights and legal remedies to protect and manage internal complaints or claims.
- Protection of legal claims – Establishment, exercise or protection against legal claims to which we are or may be subject.
- How do we store your data?
Novatel stores your personal data in electronic form and on paper. In addition, Novatel maintains databases of your personal data in various software applications that use document management.
- How do we protect your personal data?
To ensure adequate data protection for the company and its customers, we apply all the necessary organizational and technical measures provided by the Personal Data Protection Act, EU Regulation 2016/679, as well as the Best Practices of International Standards (ISO 27001) , we have also adopted policies and procedures for the protection of personal data.
The Company has established structures and responsible persons to prevent security breaches and breaches and has appointed a Data Protection Officer to support the processes of protecting and safeguarding your data.
For the sake of maximum security in handling, transferring and storing your data, we use additional security mechanisms such as encryption, pseudonymisation, and more.
- What rights do you have with the protection of your personal data?
– right of access – you have the right to receive information about your personal data;
– Right to rectification – You have the right to ask Novate to correct inaccurate, incomplete or outdated personal data.
– right to delete (right to be forgotten) – more information on the terms and procedure for using the right of deletion can be found in the company’s policies and procedures;
– the right to limit the processing – more information on the terms and procedure for using the right to limit the processing can be found in the company’s policies and procedures;
– Data portability right – More information on the terms and procedure for using the data portability right can be found in the Company’s policies and procedures.
– right of objection – at any time you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
– Right to appeal – You have the right to file a complaint about the processing of your personal data on the Data Protection Officer of Novatel or the Personal Data Protection Commission, which is the competent governmental authority.
- Who do we share your personal information with?
Your personal data (including sensitive personal data) may be provided to local and / or foreign regulatory authorities for the purposes stated in this notice. We may also share your personal data with certain third parties such as: auditors and consultants who monitor our compliance with our external and internal requirements; governmental authorities, law enforcement authorities and parties to legal disputes in connection with a reporting or legal claim.
- How long do we store your personal data?
We have an internal policy that determines how long we store your personal data. It is built mainly on the basis of the type of information we collect and the purposes for which we collect it. In principle, we store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes of the processing for which the data were collected and for any other permissible and related purpose or for the expiry of a legally prescribed period (for example, for storing and processing accounting data and for tax purposes control – 11 years). It is our legitimate interest to keep certain personal information until the expiry of the limitation period for claiming (5 years). We will not delete or anonymize your personal data if it is necessary for pending court or administrative proceedings or proceedings to deal with your complaint before us.
- What is important to know when exercising your rights?
How to Claim Your Rights To exercise your rights under the Regulation, you can email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]; via the contact form on our web pages, which can be found on the web address [http://www.novatel.bg] or send us your inquiry by post or to the following address: [Bulgaria, Sofia, 1309 , Kukush Str., Building Siemens, office 102].
Applications in connection with the exercise of your rights are generally submitted by you personally or by an explicitly authorized person. An application may also be made electronically, in accordance with the Electronic Document and Electronic Signature Act. When there are regulatory procedural rules in relation to the exercise of your rights (in the Personal Data Protection Act and other acts) they should also be respected.
How long will you get an answer? Within one month of receiving your request, we will provide you with information about what we have done on it. If necessary, this period may be extended by a further two months, taking into account the complexity and the number of requests. If such an extension is necessary, we will notify you within one month of submitting your request, explaining to you why this extension is required.
Doubts about your identity. When we have reasonable concerns about the identity of the individual submitting the request to us, we may request the provision of additional information necessary to verify the identity of the data subject. If we do not receive such information and we are unable to identify the data subject, we may refuse to take action on the basis of a request made to us to exercise any of the rights specified in this Notice.
- How to contact us?
If you have any concerns or questions about this notice, you can contact: 2 Kukush str., SIEMENS Building, office 102, 1309 Sofia, Bulgaria. Email: email@example.com, Tel: +359 2 986 04 05
The contact details of our Data Protection Officer are: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +359 2 986 04 05
You can also ask the relevant authorities responsible for the protection of personal data that are represented in Bulgaria by the Personal Data Protection Commission.